Today is a special day for our family. Today, my Grandfather Vaughn Madsen passed on to be with his dear wife and other family and friends. Although it's hard to see the last of his generation go and to no longer have his beautiful presence in our lives, I gain comfort from knowing where he is now. This poem that I wrote in High School captures best my feelings today. I love you Grandpa. You will always be remembered.
I'll Be Waiting For You There
Don't tilt your head toward the ground
And shed a tear of sorrow.
Don't grieve for all that might have been,
But look toward tomorrow.
My dearest friends and family
Take comfort here and know
That although my life be red as scarlet
The Lord will make it white as snow.
"Parting is such sweet sorrow."
I believe this phrase holds true,
For the loss of a simple mortal man
Brings sorrow to many of you.
The joy and peace comes into play
With the knowledge of when
That day will come, not long from now
When we shall meet again.
In a world of beauty with greener greens
And skies of more brilliant blues
Cleansed pure of all the wickedness
And evil's darker hues.
In that beautiful place of bliss,
Free of worry or care,
Take comfort, my friend, in knowing
I'll be waiting for you there.
- Tory Norman
March 5, 2001
No comments:
Post a Comment