Sunday, July 28, 2013

Maria Elena's Theme

Today's post is another dive into my sporadic archives. Many years ago (about eight to be exact), I heard a short melody in my head. I tinkered around for a few months whenever I was near a piano and a song started to develop. I really believe that some people have a gift to be able to sit down and write beautiful poems or compositions, or create amazing art. I am not one of these people. But every now and then, a spark of divine inspiration drifts from its normal path and lands on me and amazing things happen. This song is one of those amazing random inspirations.

After the song was complete, it was without a name for some time until I met my beautiful wife. When I left Chile to return to the United States, I dedicated this song to my wife and named it Maria Elena's Theme. Since that time, the song has had a special meaning in our home.

But time goes on and it has been years since I have played the song. I wrote the song without a good understanding of musical technique, so it was written in my own short hand and I am convinced that if I forgot the song entirely, no one else could pick it up and play it as it was intended. So I recently found an app where I could write the music and have it played back to me until I was convinced that it was played correctly.

Now, thanks to the amazing power of modern technology, Maria Elena's Theme makes its public debut for the first time in both print and audio form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin