![]() |
| Todd's 1975 Super Beetle |
My 1975 Bug
Now Ali Baba had his forty thieves,
and a treasure in a secret hold.
And Midas had his special touch
That turned everything into gold.
Aladdin had a genie in a lamp
That he carried on a flying rug.
But I wouldn't trade a single one for my 1975 Bug!
The brake cable came from my old bike
And the seat belts from some old bus.
If it stalls once or twice in the turning lane,
No reason to raise a fuss!
The horn can bleat all by itself
When it comes around a curve,
But when you turn the key for the 18th time,
I just love to hear her purr.
She may be over twice my age,
But she's still the love of my life.
Any woman that doesn't love my bug
Could never be my wife!
Yah, she dribbles out on my driveway
And the paint's a bit thin on the hood,
But when your car turns 40 too
Lets if she looks this good!
She's red on top, and white on the sides
And rust where the sun don't shine.
My bank account is always dry
But I'm so glad she's mine.
So if you see me comin' down the road
Be sure to slug your friend.
'Cause I'll be driving this old bug until the bitter end!
- Tory Norman
July 12, 2013

That is an awesome poem, but it's even better in the song version, I hope you post a good recording of the song up here soon.
ReplyDelete